Masters of Arts in Media Production
The Master of Arts in Media Production challenges students to explore innovative creative production designed for 21st century audiences. Students create compelling, advanced media narratives that entertain, inform, and inspire. They engage fully in the content development process to create advanced media productions, mentored by faculty and external specialists through an intensive one-year creative work experience.
RTA is committed to developing students with the education, practical experience and network they need to succeed in a competitive marketplace. Employment opportunities for media production graduates include:
- Graphic design
- Radio and TV hosting
- Social media management
- Digital Media Sales
- App Design
- Four-year honours Bachelor's degree (or equivalent), preferably in a media related field
- Minimum GPA of 3.0 / 4.33 (B), or equivalent, in the final half of the program
- Official transcripts for all relevant post-secondary education
- A written statement about your project proposal
- A résumé
- Two letters of recommendation
- A portfolio containing examples of the applicant’s work. This can be in written or audio/video/multimedia form.
The ideal advanced student for this program will have a strong undergraduate media education, a demonstrated knowledge of the production tools of some form of media production as well as media production or business/management experience. The program may also accept highly motivated individuals from other fields of study with a desire to develop intensive knowledge in our disciplines.
For more information on requirements and how to apply, please refer to the Yeates School of Graduate Studies Admissions site.