Fairchild Radio wishes to encourage the development of multicultural awareness and understanding among individuals entering the broadcasting industry through the establishment of this special scholarship program in the RTA School of Media at Ryerson University.
VALUE: two scholarships up to $3500 each
· Open to Ontario-resident students registered on a full-time basis in the second, third or fourth year of the four-year program in Ryerson’s RTA School of Media. Demonstration of multicultural awareness and understanding through an audio production piece that has been produced as part of a course curriculum.
· Demonstrated financial need
· Minimum cumulative grade point average of 2.5 with no failing grades; students may not be “carrying” a course
Should a group or team be submitting, each student must meet the criteria
· Formal applications will be invited which will include: the audio production piece, a statement from each student outlining his/her individual financial situation, and a budget form* .
· Submissions will be considered by the School to ensure that eligibility, academic and financial need conditions have been met. The Financial Aid and Awards Office may be consulted on financial need issues.
· A Faculty Selection Committee will pre-screen the approved submissions and short-list the top 3-5 for final review and selection by Fairchild Radio
* All applicants for this award must meet “Ontario residency” requirements:
· Must be a Canadian Citizen/permanent resident
· Lived in Ontario for at least 12 consecutive months prior to commencing full-time post-secondary studies
Spouse has lived in Ontario for at least 12 consecutive months prior to this academic year and was not enrolled in full-time postsecondary studies for this 12 month period
Parent(s), step-parent(s), legal guardian(s) or official sponsor(s) have lived in Ontario for at least 12 consecutive months up to the beginning of this study period